Through complimentary membership as well as participation via the SCTEM LinkedIn network, SCTEM members stay current on the ever-changing world of business travel management that spans the topics of cost containment/savings methodologies, State, Federal, NCAA and IRS regulations, emerging technology in travel supply chain, including expense management/integration with ERP’s, communication techniques and strategies, risk/crisis management, strategic sourcing and supplier negotiations, peer benchmarking and policy development – all information necessary to effectively manage business travel in the higher education sector.
Our professional development activities converge at the annual SCTEM national conference. Immersing collegiate and travel supplier attendees in a collaborative environment, collegiate travel and expense management programs are born and grown to serve their constituents in the higher education arena. This is accomplished through cutting-edge education and networking opportunities throughout the conference.
The annual conference provides the following opportunities:
- Expand your network – Meet with other higher ed peers from across the country – develop strong professional networking contacts that support collaboration throughout the year
- Advance your charge – attend the keynote and general sessions to hear valuable advice and be entertained by some of the most recognized and dynamic speakers in the industry
- Stay current and relevant – enhance your value to your organization by attending your choice of several educational track sessions – learn what’s going on at other institutions and with the industry to stay on the cutting edge
- Engage with the industry – visit the Marketplace to see and learn what our industry suppliers and partners are offering to assist you and your institution with meeting your managed travel goals.
- Focus on the region – Our conference location changes each year to provide focus on the region’s academic institutions.