The Advisory Board of SCTEM (Society of Collegiate Travel & Expense Management) welcomes you to our site, hosted by Michigan State University, and hope you find the content useful.
The SCTEM is a professional organization that was created by higher education for higher education. We strive to assist academic units and institutional administrators to better manage their business travel program within the academic enterprise. We’re focused on the unique challenges faced by academic institutions regarding all aspects of business travel, including implementation of emerging technology, effective and efficient expense reimbursement, policy and best business practice development, and strategic sourcing with travel and related suppliers.
SCTEM is a non-profit organization with a membership of travel professionals representing over 200 colleges, universities and academic-related centers. In addition, our organization has over 60 business travel industry suppliers representing airlines, ground transportation, hoteliers, travel management companies, travel and expense technology, and banking professionals.
Our goal is to offer exceptional value to our members through quality education, peer benchmarking data, timely and relevant communication and networking within the higher education sector and business travel industry.
What We Bring Our Members
Through complimentary membership as well as participation via the SCTEM LinkedIn network, SCTEM members stay current on the ever-changing world of business travel management that spans the topics of cost containment/savings methodologies, State, Federal, NCAA and IRS regulations, emerging technology in travel supply chain, including expense management/integration with ERP’s, communication techniques and strategies, risk/crisis management, strategic sourcing and supplier negotiations, peer benchmarking and policy development – all information necessary to effectively manage business travel in the higher education sector.
Our professional development activities converge at the annual SCTEM national conference and supplier trade show. The annual conference provides the following opportunities:
- Expand your network – Meet with other higher ed peers from across the country – develop strong professional networking contacts that support collaboration throughout the year
- Advance your charge – attend the keynote and general sessions to hear valuable advice and be entertained by some of the most recognized and dynamic speakers in the industry
- Stay current and relevant – enhance your value to your organization by attending your choice of several educational track sessions – learn what’s going on at other institutions and with the industry to stay on the cutting edge
- Engage with the industry – visit the Marketplace to see and learn what our industry suppliers and partners are offering to assist you and your institution with meeting your managed travel goals.
- Focus on the region – Our conference location changes each year which provides a focus on the region’s academic institutions.